Caring for a loved one with dementia can be a difficult and exhausting experience. You want to do everything you can to ensure they are comfortable and safe, but it’s hard to provide the level of care they need while juggling work and other responsibilities. That’s where specialised dementia care comes in. Here are a few benefits of choosing a facility specialising in caring for dementia patients.
Specialised Dementia Care
1. The staff are trained to deal with the unique challenges of dementia.
2. There are typically more activities and programming available for residents.
3. Residents receive around-the-clock care and supervision.
4. Families can take advantage of respite care services to give themselves a break from caregiving duties.
5. It can provide peace of mind knowing that your loved one is being well-cared for by professionals.
Specialised Dementia Care at Livewell
If you’re considering a nursing home for your loved one with dementia, look for one specialising in dementia care. The benefits of specialized care can make a world of difference for both your loved one and your family. At Livewell, we pride ourselves on providing specialised dementia and Alzheimer’s care services to our residents. Our multidisciplinary healthcare team, whom all contributes to the holistic care of our dementia care residents, ranging from our own nursing team (employed and trained nursing and care workers), to our specialised support network of healthcare professionals (such as nutritionists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, geriatricians, physicians, psychologists, social workers and more). This team gives their highest commitment and the utmost attention to each resident to provide adaptable personalised dementia care based on their unique memory care needs.